1. Review all links sent in your appointment confirmation email.
2. We recommend TV boxes for ALL TV’s, computer screens etc. These boxes can be purchased at Lowes, Home Depot, and Uhaul. We can pack TV’s into their appropriate boxes, we just cannot provide the boxes(TV’s without boxes are not covered for damage.)
3. We also recommend mattress bags which can be purchased at Lowes, Home Depot or Uhaul. We will be happy to bag your mattresses, we just cannot provide the mattress bags.
4. Unless you have also hired us to pack/box your belongings, be sure all loose items, pictures, lamps, and dishes in your home are packed in boxes or totes. Boxes must be taped, and totes must have lids, or they cannot be moved. Loose items will not be moved. Unpacked lamp shades will not be moved.
5. Allot more time for packing that you believe you should. We suggest beginning to pack 2 weeks or more prior to your move depending on the size of your home. We offer packing services so feel free to reach out about our packing service.
6. Remove any breakables or hard items from drawers and pack in boxes. Soft items like clothes, linens, etc. can be left in drawers.
7. Label each box clearly and legibly.
8. Disconnect all appliances that will be moved. (Washer, Dryer, Refrigerator, etc.)
9. Plan the final placing of your furniture before the move. Know exactly where each piece will be placed at the destination. This expedites the moving process and saves you money!
10. Have a plan for containing pets on moving day. Loose pets can cause a safety hazard and delay the moving process.
11. Pack a few boxes of essentials like medication, toiletries, etc. for your first night in your new home and label them accordingly. Ask your movers to place them in a separate area away from your other boxes so you know exactly where they can be found. You don’t want to be looking for essential items and not be able to find them.